Co-creation & Stakeholder Engagement
Co-creation & Stakeholder Engagement
How can organisations use co-creation to strengthen relationships with stakeholder groups? What’s the best way to use co-creation in innovation and how can it be implemented in corporate communication strategies?
Corporate communications have traditionally been associated with conveying the organisation’s messages to its diverse stakeholders. However, in such a hyper-connected environment – in which customers and many stakeholders are gaining increasing power – firms need to find new ways to listen to all stakeholders, and to involve them in strategic decision-making processes.
In this three-day masterclass, you will learn how organisations can use co-creation to strengthen relationships with stakeholder groups. You will get new insights for using co-creation in innovation, then you and your fellow participants will discuss how co-creation strategies can also be applied to corporate communications.
In this three-day programme, you will:
- comprehend what co-creation is and how it differs from other research and innovation methods, as well as from other collaborative approaches to creativity
- learn how to manage the different key phases of a co-creation project: set-up, warm-up, exploration, ideation, development, and launch
- understand how to conduct ethnography and netnography (understanding social interaction in contemporary digital communications contexts). Both of these methods can enrich the exploration stage of co-creation
- be able to identify the key barriers to co-creation and how to overcome them
- know how to develop a supportive corporate culture so that co-creation can flourish, allowing an authentic customer centric organisation to arise
- develop the leadership traits that co-creation requires
- identify different innovation typologies, the value that they can bring to an organisation and how they can benefit from co-creation
- understand how to align the firm’s open innovation strategy with growth and product portfolio strategies. This strategic corporate alignment is important for sustaining profitable growth in any organisation.
The programme combines lectures, discussions, group work and case presentations to ensure a balanced and exciting learning environment.
The classroom comprises of a diverse group of accomplished, driven and open-minded professionals from Europe and beyond, working in various communication positions in the public and private sector, NGOs and consultancies.
Participants for this course are advised to hold at least a bachelor degree and 3+ years of work experience.
“I was very much excited when I heard about this course! Given the current emphasis of organizations on Innovation & Sustainability, I was thrilled to understand how close collaboration with different stakeholders could help us achieve our ambitions as a social engaged university. ‘The future is a foreign country, they do things differently there’. The course was spot on in terms of ‘advanced professional education’. Following the right pace, the course provided the right frameworks and insights to better understand why and how we should embrace co-creation and stakeholder engagement now more than ever. Dennis Hermans - Head of Alumni relations - Vrije Universiteit Brussel
The course content was very concrete and relevant to my work in Brand and Corporate Communications. For those interested in branding, also look up Prof. Iglesias’ course in Corporate Branding. He is not just an expert in his field, he is also very engaging and his passion for the subject is truly inspiring. Julie Dacanay - Manager / Brand & Corporate Communications - Denso International Europe B.V.
Oriol Iglesias is an Associate Professor at the ESADE Business School Marketing Department. Also at ESADE, he has been Chair of the Marketing Department and Director of the ESADE Brand Institute.
He is a member of numerous boards and committees – including: the executive committee of the European Marketing Academy; the editorial board of the Journal of Brand Management, the editorial review board of the Journal of Product and Brand Management; the scientific committee of the Academy of Marketing’s Special Interest Group on Brand, Identity, and Corporate Reputation; and the scientific committee of the Global Brand Conference.
Oriol has conducted in-company training and research for global leading brands such as Volkswagen, Porsche, Audi, Nestlé, Sara Lee, Telefónica, Orange, Banco de Santander, SAP and PwC.
He has co-authored several books on marketing, brand management, and relationship marketing. His latest book (2016) is “Brand Desire: How to Create Consumer Involvement and Inspiration”, published by Bloomsbury (London, UK). His research on brand management, co-creation, and customer experience management is published in top international academic journals – such as the California Management Review, European Journal of Marketing, Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of Organizational Change Management, Journal of Brand Management, Journal of Product and Brand Management, Marketing Intelligence and Planning, and Cross Cultural Management.
And experienced business practitioners.
21-23 March 2022 (hybrid programme)
09.00 - 17:00
€2,900 including tuition, course material, lunches and refreshments. This fee does not include hotel accommodation.
3011 XZ Rotterdam
There are many nice and affordable hotels within walking distance of our venue.
To receive a full refund, a written notice of cancellation must be send to email@example.com within a term of thirty (30) calendar days after receipt of the written confirmation of the registration, unless the start date of the course programme is within the term.
Accordingly, the cancellation fee is calculated as follows:
- 25% of the programme fee if the cancellation notice is received 30 days or more before the start date;
- 75% of the programme fee if the cancellation notice is received between 29 and 15 days before the start date;
- 100% of the programme fee if the cancellation notice is received 14 days or less before the start date;
- 100% of the programme fee if the cancellation notice is received after the programme has started.
For more details, please view here the complete General Terms and Conditions.
The participant can be substituted by someone from the same organisation on the same course without extra costs.
This course can also be taken as part of RSM's part-time Executive Master in Corporate Communication, a flexible and accredited master programme for communications professionals. Find out more: