Make Strategy Work
Make Strategy Work
To build a future-proof organisation, you must have strategic knowledge to make the right decisions. Learn how to help lead your organisations with renewed strategic leadership skills, insights and tools for strategic decision-making in the high-impact, three-day Make Strategy Work programme at RSM.
In the most effective organisations, strategy is understood and implemented by people at every level and in every department. Discover how this works and how you can make your strategy work during this programme by RSM Executive Education. Taught by Prof. Justin Jansen and Dr Tom Mom, experienced executive education teachers in this area, you will experience the influence of critical organisational factors, and gain insights, tools and techniques that you can put into practice immediately.
During the programme, you will:
- boost your knowledge of strategy formulation and implementation
- understand your role in making strategy work for your organisation
- discover the internal and external factors which influence strategic decision-making
- learn what strategy and strategic leadership is, and what it isn’t
- acquire tools to adapt company-level strategy to your own department level
- learn to communicate strategy in a meaningful and relevant way to your employees
- understand when to amend and change strategy in the light of changing circumstances.
Your organisation will:
- benefit from the applications of your learnings on current projects
- leverage the interactions and insights acquired in the workshop
- access your advanced management and leadership skills to realise its objectives.
The programme Make Strategy Work is also a component of the Advanced Management and Leadership Programme.
RSM’s Make Strategy Work programme is for managers who:
- have five to ten years of experience in people management
- are responsible for teams, organisations and businesses
- need to refresh or upgrade their capabilities in the area of strategy formulation and implementation.
You will also benefit from the programme if you expect to move into more senior positions where strategic thinking will be in increasing demand to tackle challenging leadership issues.
“I now have the theoretical background I need as a foundation when creating and applying strategy frameworks in my daily business practice. RSM’s true global knowledge and academic excellence helped me see things from different points of view. The programme was rewarding and exceeded my high expectations through its thorough coursework, discussions with professors, and by exploring various cases.”
Stela Koleva, director of global services and support at Concur in Prague
The Make Strategy Work programme is led by Prof. Justin Jansen and Dr Tom Mom.
Prof. Justin Jansen
Justin Jansen is a professor of corporate entrepreneurship at RSM. He received his PhD cum laude from Erasmus University Rotterdam in 2005. His research addresses strategic leadership, organisational learning and absorptive capacity, organisational ambidexterity, and corporate entrepreneurship. He has appeared in academic journals such as Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Business Venturing, Journal of Management Studies, Leadership Quarterly, Management Science and Organization Science. Read more
Prof. Tom Mom
Tom Mom is professor of strategic growth and implementation at RSM, and academic director of RSM’s Executive MBA programme. He teaches strategic management and entrepreneurship in executive education, PhD and MBA programmes. Tom is also active in research and advisory projects for companies and governments in areas such as new business development, strategic growth, and strategy implementation. His research has appeared in leading academic journals, as well as in managerial journals such as MIT Sloan Management Review and California Management Review. Read more
Dr Magdalena Cholokova
Magdalena Cholokova is an assistant professor of Strategy & Entrepreneurship in the Department of Strategic Management & Entrepreneurship, Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University. She studies decision-making under high uncertainty, by mapping configurations of individual and organizational level factors that enable effective judgment. She has explored this topic in the context of early-stage project evaluations, entrepreneurial venture creation and organizational adaptation. Her research draws on theories from psychology, organizational theory and strategy and bridges the micro and macro levels of analysis.
Participants will learn as much from each other as from the faculty. To ensure a diverse and high-quality group, all applicants to the programme will be required to undergo a short intake discussion with an RSM staff member. This way we can guarantee that the programme is suitable for you.
You should comply with the following requirements if you wish to take part in the Make Strategy Work programme:
· You have a minimum of 5 years of managerial experience
· You have budget responsibility and have financial impact in your organisation
· You have responsibility in the strategic decision-making process in your organisation.
Your application will be final once we have informed you on the basis of the intake call that your application has been accepted.
€ 3,250 (excl 21% VAT) including course materials, lunches, and snacks. This fee does not include hotel accommodation.
10% discount for alumni from Erasmus University Rotterdam and RSM. More information about the discount.
Cancellation notices must be received by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The following cancellation fees apply:
- More than 14 days before the programme’s start date: 25% of the programme fee will be charged
- Between 14 and 7 days before the programme’s start date: 75% of the programme fee will be charged
- 7 days or fewer before the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged
- Cancellations received on or after the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged.
The participant can be substituted by someone from the same company on the same course without extra costs.
General terms and conditions
The programmes take place at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Bayle Building, Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, Rotterdam.
If you require hotel accommodation in Rotterdam, we recommend Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark, adjacent to the university.