Degree: MSc Strategic Management
Duration: 12 months
Start: September 2021
- 45% international students in programme
- 93% of graduates employed within 3 months after graduation
- Examples of your future job title: Business analyst, project manager, strategy consultant
Are you ready to explore how every part of a company or not-for-profit organisation interacts and synergizes with each other – internally and externally? Do you want to learn how you can develop business and corporate strategies that are effective, successful and beneficial for all stakeholders?
This programme arms you with the concepts, methods and tools rooted in theory and empirical research, to frame, analyze and solve the strategic challenges of complex organisations. You’ll also pick up a lot of valuable knowledge and practical skills from strategy practitioners and interactions with corporate partners in which you investigate business and corporate strategies, and learn about strategic change and dynamics.
You’ll focus on subjects such as growth, innovation, global strategy, corporate strategy, mergers and acquisitions, ownership and governance in the core courses. And then you can choose exciting electives. These are evaluated and updated every year, for example sustainable strategies, strategy consulting, corporate restructuring, innovation management, and programming fundamentals using Python.
Afterwards, you’ll be ready for a successful management career in profit and non-profit organisations anywhere in the world. Most alumni work as consultants or managers at large corporate or consultancy firms, in financial services, or in the food and beverage industry. On average, graduates find a job within 2.4 months after graduation. You can see more details in the MSc employment report.
- Connect with the real business world through case studies, career events and study clubs.
- Start your career quickly after graduation, and earn the highest average salary of all RSM graduates.
- About 50 per cent of the students are international, for example Norwegian, Brazilian, Indonesian, German or Mexican.
- MScSM students are really motivated and hard-working; everyone is ready to help each other.
- RSM’s Department of Strategic Management is widely acclaimed as one of the leading strategy departments worldwide.
Virtually all aspects of this master have an international flavour: the faculty members, your classmates, the course content, and ultimately, your career prospects upon graduation. If the thought of this – and the prospect of an international career in strategic management – excites you, then this programme is right for you!
Hang Li (MSc Strategic Management, 2020)
“RSM’s lecturers have academic and business experience, and they encourage students to express their opinions all the time. Interacting with these smart students also helps me to develop knowledge, and soft skills such as time management, teamwork and critical thinking. I improve my business mindset and strategic thinking every day.”