Are you drowning in data? Do you feel your department is falling behind in collecting, analysing, and using data? Do you want to create new value streams for your organisation from internal and external data? If you need data management methods, tools and strategies to optimise performance and business intelligence, then this course is for you.
This three-day workshop provides you with the tools needed to manage the enormity of big data through analytics, and teaches you data management strategies to leverage value-adding opportunities, for example through online marketing. You will build a solid understanding of trends and developments, and learn methods to collect, analyse and manage data.
Our data analytics expert will teach you how to embed big data management practices in your organisation, and to develop a data-driven strategy for your department or organisation that monetizes or optimises data assets for growth and innovation. This programme covers a range of topics based on a strategic view of data management. Armed with the language of data scientists and engineers, you will learn how to critically assess and evaluate business intelligence such as data collection methods, digital analytics, and modelling processes.
With professional guidance from faculty as well as your peers, you will learn experimentation techniques that you can use immediately to identify big data opportunities in your department or organisation.
After this RSM Executive Education programme, you will be able to:
- recognise current trends and developments in big data
- critically evaluate data collection methods
- manage data analytics processes based on an understanding of predictive and prescriptive modelling as well as big data engineering tools
- identify and experiment with value-adding data opportunities in your organisation
- formulate and implement a data-driven strategy.
The programme Digital Analytics is also a component of RSM's Diploma Programme in Digital Transformation.
This programme is for managers with data-driven and digital analytics responsibilities from any department, discipline or industry:
- middle managers responsible for data-driven projects seeking to ‘speak the language’ of their data scientists and engineers
- senior managers aiming to gain the skills needed to use data strategically to influence business decisions and generate value, for example in the organisation’s online marketing activities
- managers in early-adopter departments looking for the latest scientific knowledge and practices in data analytics as well as implementation insights for creating new value streams.
During the Digital Analytics Programme you will learn from Dr Rodrigo Belo. Occasionally we may substitute other faculty members according to the content of the programme and their availability.
Dr Rodrigo Belo
Rodrigo Belo is associate professor at RSM. His research focuses on the effects of information systems on organisations and on the impacts of social network structures and peer influence on consumer behaviour; it has been widely published. He specialises in the design and deployment of large-scale randomised experiments to assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, and to optimise online user engagement. He has led and collaborated in projects with established firms and start-ups in the online and telecommunications sectors. Before joining academia, Rodrigo worked as a software engineer and analyst in transportation and government.
Participants will learn as much from each other as from the faculty. To ensure a diverse and high-quality group, all applicants to the programme will be required to undergo a short intake discussion with an RSM staff member. This way we can guarantee that the programme is suitable for you.
You should comply with the following requirements if you wish to take part in the Digital Analytics programme:
· You have a minimum of 5 years of managerial experience
· You have budget responsibility and have financial impact in your organisation
· You have responsibility in the strategic decision-making process in your organisation.
Your application will be final once we have informed you on the basis of the intake call that your application has been accepted.
€ 3,500 (excl. 21% VAT) including course materials and lunches. This fee does not include hotel accommodation.
10% discount for alumni from Erasmus University Rotterdam and RSM. More information about the discount.
General terms and conditions
Our general terms and conditions apply when you register for an open programme. Please review them to learn more about our policies for cancellation, deferral and substitution.
The programme takes place in the Bayle building on the Woudestein Campus of Erasmus University Rotterdam.
We recommend Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark Hotel, adjacent to the university and less than five minutes’ walk from campus. Participants benefit from special rates.