Are you drowning in data? Do you feel your department is falling behind in collecting, analysing, and using data? Do you want to create new value streams for your organisation from internal and external data? If you need data management methods, tools and strategies to optimise performance and business intelligence, then this course is for you.
This three-day workshop provides you with the tools needed to manage the enormity of big data through analytics, and teaches you data management strategies to leverage value-adding opportunities, for example through online marketing. You will build a solid understanding of trends and developments, and learn methods to collect, analyse and manage data.
Our data analytics expert will teach you how to embed big data management practices in your organisation, and to develop a data-driven strategy for your department or organisation that monetizes or optimises data assets for growth and innovation. This programme covers a range of topics based on a strategic view of data management. Armed with the language of data scientists and engineers, you will learn how to critically assess and evaluate business intelligence such as data collection methods, digital analytics, and modelling processes.
With professional guidance from faculty as well as your peers, you will learn experimentation techniques that you can use immediately to identify big data opportunities in your department or organisation.
After this RSM Executive Education programme, you will be able to:
- recognise current trends and developments in big data
- critically evaluate data collection methods
- manage data analytics processes based on an understanding of predictive and prescriptive modelling as well as big data engineering tools
- identify and experiment with value-adding data opportunities in your organisation
- formulate and implement a data-driven strategy.
The programme Digital Analytics is also a component of RSM's Diploma Programme in Digital Transformation.
This programme is for managers with data-driven and digital analytics responsibilities from any department, discipline or industry:
- middle managers responsible for data-driven projects seeking to ‘speak the language’ of their data scientists and engineers
- senior managers aiming to gain the skills needed to use data strategically to influence business decisions and generate value, for example in the organisation’s online marketing activities
- managers in early-adopter departments looking for the latest scientific knowledge and practices in data analytics as well as implementation insights for creating new value streams.
The Digital Analytics programme is led by assistant professor Rodrigo Belo.
Dr Rodrigo Belo
As an assistant professor at RSM, Rodrigo’s research focuses on the effects of information systems on organisations. His work has been published in top journals and peer-reviewed at conferences such as Management Science, Workshop of Information Systems and Economics, and the IEEE Conference on Social Computing. Rodrigo has led and collaborated in multiple projects with established firms and start-ups in the online and telecommunications sectors. He holds a PhD in Technological Change and Entrepreneurship and an MSc in Engineering and Public Policy from Carnegie Mellon University, and a BSc in Computer Science and Engineering from Instituto Superior Técnico, University of Lisbon. Before joining academia, Rodrigo worked as a software engineer and analyst in the transportation and government sectors.
€ 3,450 (excl. 21% VAT) including course materials and lunches. This fee does not include hotel accommodation.
€ 3,500 (excl. 21% VAT) including course materials and lunches. This fee does not include hotel accommodation.
10% discount for alumni from Erasmus University Rotterdam and RSM. More information about the discount.
Cancellation notices must be received by email: email@example.com. The following cancellation fees apply:
- More than 14 days before the programme’s start date: 25% of the programme fee will be charged
- Between 14 and 7 days before the programme’s start date: 75% of the programme fee will be charged
- 7 days or fewer before the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged
- Cancellations received on or after the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged.
The participant can be substituted by someone from the same company on the same course without extra costs.
General terms and conditions
The programmes take place at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Bayle Building, Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, Rotterdam.
If you require hotel accommodation in Rotterdam, we recommend Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark, adjacent to the university.