AT THE INTERSECTION OF BUSINESS AND INFORMATION
This master programme is for young graduates with the ambition to understand the role of digital technologies in creating business opportunities; and prepare the students with the ability to transform organizations through technology. Our programme sits at the intersection of business and IT, and is the ideal platform to launch an international career. It focuses on the management of information as a strategic resource for improving overall business performance, and develops professionals who combine analytical know-how and business knowledge.
You will investigate the business side of information management for unlocking IT innovations, discover the technical side of leveraging big data to identify business opportunities, and learn how to apply findings and take action. The multidisciplinary approach gives you a broader background than information management alone.
During the programme you will:
- develop both the management foundation and the technical foundation of business information management
- focus on the business side of information management and gain a thorough understanding of the strategic value of information
- receive analytical training so you can harvest, process and
- analyse data to extract important insights with a breadth of business knowledge
- investigate next-generation business models so you can make well-founded decisions to develop them
- explore real-life cases through interactive learning and international experiences during company internships, international study trips, company in-house days, and with study clubs.
Core courses (22 ECTS)
- Information strategy
- Designing business applications
- Business architecture and transformation
- Big data management and analytics.
Electives (18 ECTS)
- Customer-centric digital commerce
- Programming for managers
- Social media in business
- Big data and business analytics
- Crowd-based business models
- Interaction design
- Technology enabled business, markets and policy
- Network data analytics
- Next-generation business applications
- Platform ecosystems
- IT project management and auditing
- Enterprise architecture
- Location-based services and spatial analytics
- Business research project
- Honours programme for selected students.
Thesis (20 ECTS)
Research methodology and master thesis.