Why this programme?
Why this programme?
Effective people management has received increasing recognition in recent years thanks to a fast-growing body of empirical research demonstrating that HRM policies are a critical factor for success in organisational performance. Essential to any company’s competitive edge is a deep understanding of what it takes to ensure that employees are efficient, motivated, effective and creative.
If you are primarily interested in the people within an organisation, enjoy collaborating and interacting with professionals and others, and relish the challenge of thinking out-of-the box for new practical solutions, you will find this programme not only meets but also surpasses your expectations. Internationally-oriented and taught by respected international faculty who deliver the newest ideas in the field, the MSc in Human Resource Management offers you an outstanding start to your career.
The programme will provide you with an in-depth understanding of how to improve Human Resource Management practices and integrate them with company strategy, taking into account the latest insights from empirical research. It combines the latest knowledge with extensive opportunities for you to connect theory with practice, and opens up opportunities for an international Human Resource Management career.
After the programme, you will be able to
- develop strategic HRM policies for multinational firms;
- solve people problems in organisational settings and a business context;
- relate organisational change processes to HRM;
- understand the managerial implications of corporate recruitment and staff planning; - develop an in-depth understanding of advanced HRM practices e.g. training and education, reward systems and management development;
- understand the wide variety of factors that influence people: psychologically, sociologically and economically.
As a graduate of this programme you can expect to pursue a successful career as manager/HRM consultant, HR professional, business analyst or management development professional.