Why this programme?
Why this programme?
As the largest commercial port in Europe, Rotterdam is a primary facilitator in the continent’s international flow of goods – and a staple part of the supply chains of all major businesses. Over the last two decades, this activity has been transformed into a wealth of knowledge and expertise, turning Rotterdam into a focal point for knowledge in the field of advanced logistics.
The MSc in Supply Chain Management is a programme that owes its outstanding reputation to this heritage of knowledge and expertise. As a student of this programme, you will be at the cutting edge of advanced logistics knowledge in terms of the programme’s contents and in what you observe in and around Rotterdam every day.
The key features of the MSc in Supply Chain Management are:
- an integrated approach towards supply chain design
- strong emphasis on advanced logistics concepts
- cutting-edge insights into the application of information technology to supply chains
- intensive contacts with the logistics and supply chain management business community
- RSM’s research in this field is ranked No.1 in Europe based on independent evaluations by CWTS in Leiden.
- the MSc is ranked number two worldwide by the online magazine Digital Supply Chain
The MSc in Supply Chain Management is your opportunity to gain an outstanding qualification in this instrumental knowledge area. Practically-oriented, research-driven and internationally-focused, the programme takes an integrated approach towards supply chain design, placing a strong emphasis on advanced logistics concepts and the application of information technology to supply chains.
At the conclusion of the programme, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the contribution to strategic objectives of supply chain management;
- Outline the main approaches towards planning and controlling the flow of goods, information and money, and the way these shape the supply chain;
- Apply your acquired knowledge in designing advanced logistics systems;
- Analyse and fine-tune international supply chain structure to better contribute to business objectives;
- Anticipate and react to new developments in supply chain management.