Degree: MScBA, Specialisation Accounting & Financial Management
Duration: 12 months
Start: September 2021
- 39% international students in programme
- 100% of graduates employed within 3 months after graduation
- Examples of your future job title: Auditor; Financial analyst; Controller/CFO
Do you want to master the language of business, accounting and finance? In this MSc programme, you’ll focus on accounting and financial management skills, and explore important societal trends such as data and analytics. There’s a close connection between state-of-the-art academic knowledge and business practice.
In the four core courses you’ll learn the crucial role that accounting and financial information plays for managers, external stakeholders and society at large. You’ll also choose electives to specialise for your career in accountancy, financial management and controlling, or financial advisory.
- learn economic and behavioural theory, analytical methods and core models of accounting and financial management
- generate sustainable solutions for complex accounting and financial management problems using qualitative and quantitative methods, and understand the managerial implications
- design and execute a research project in a business context
- learn how to effectively communicate with managers, regulators, external stakeholders and society
- reflect on your ethical responsibility and influence, abilities, and limitations
- train your soft skills training to develop your leadership skills and leverage the advantages of team diversity.
You’ll have excellent career opportunities: 100% of recent graduates found a job within six months after graduating. Most of them found a job in auditing in one of the Big Four, others in large corporates as controllers or financial managers. There are also many other job perspectives in careers in financial management.
The programme is aligned with post-graduate education programmes to become a certified auditor (RA/CPA/ACA) or certified management accountant (RC). You also have the unique opportunity to prepare for the Certified Management Accountant exams to earn the CMA qualification simultaneously with the MSc degree.
- Study association activities in companies, and with students from other master programmes to expand your social life and international network.
- Be part of the AFM student group: a great, collaborative and motivating community.
- Explore real business issues at the Big Four and other large firms.
- Become an auditor, a controller or a management controller – and combine the programme with the CMA qualification.
- International faculty members and student body, with a balanced gender ratio.
The MScBA AFM programme is for recent bachelor graduates with a background in business, economics, accounting or finance looking for in-depth knowledge and understanding of accounting and financial management. You don’t need professional work experience.
Michael Tang (MSc Accounting & Financial Management 2020)
“I like the international atmosphere at Erasmus University. It’s a beautiful campus with lots of facilities, like study places, a food plaza, and a sports building. In the MSc AFM programme we work on real business cases. We focus on topics that we’ll encounter in real life, when we work in accounting or finance. The master is very broad. This is attractive if you’re still exploring what kind of career path you want: you can really go into any direction after this.”