Dr Hannes Leroy
Hannes Leroy is interested in authentic leadership and how to develop it. That interest includes not only a passionate and critical view of the concept of authenticity but his past work also includes a better understanding of its unique outcomes (e.g., safety, error hiding and work engagement), antecedents (e.g., mindfulness training), and similarities and differences from related concepts (i.e., leader behavioral integrity, leader communication transparency). On the development side he is passionate about authenticity both in terms of developing leaders to use their unique or authentic self as a source of their leadership strength as well as the idea of real (i.e., actually moving the needle) leadership development.
Erasmus University Rotterdam
RSM - Rotterdam School of Management
Department of Organisation and Personnel Management
Scholarly Publications (26)
- H.L. Leroy, M. Palanski, A. Newman, C. Moore, S. Hannah & D. Den Hartog (2019). Quantitative Research on Leadership and Business Ethics: Examining the State of the Field and an Agenda for Future Research. Journal of Business Ethics .
- S. Cha, L. Roberts, P. Hewlin, B. Buckman, H.L. Leroy, E. Steckler, K. Ostermeier & D. Cooper (2019). Being Your True Self at Work: Integrating the Fragmented Research on Authenticity in Organizations. The Academy of Management Annals .
- R.L. Hewett & H.L. Leroy (2019). Well it's only fair: How perceptions of manager discretion in bonus allocation affect intrinsic motivation. Journal of Management Studies, Accepted . doi: 10.1111/joms.12445 [go to publisher's site]
- H.L. Leroy, J. Segers, D. Van Dierendonck & D.N. den Hartog (2018). Managing people in organizations: Integrating the Study of HRM and Leadership. Human Resource Management Review, 28 (3), 249-324. doi: 10.1016/j.hrmr.2018.02.002
- D.A. Effron, K. O'Conner, H.L. Leroy & B. Lucas (2018). From Inconsistency to Hypocrisy: When Does “Saying One Thing But Doing Another” Invite Condemnation? Research in Organizational Behavior, 38 , 61-75. doi: 10.1016/j.riob.2018.10.003
- J. Lemoine, C. Hartnell & H.L. Leroy (2018). Taking stock of moral approaches to leadership: An integrative review of ethical, authentic and servant leadership. In Academy of Management Annals
- W. Sean, T. Simons, H.L. Leroy & E. Tuleja (2018). What's in it for me? Middle Manager Behavioral Integrity and Performance. Journal of Business Ethics, 150 (3), 765-777. doi: 10.1007/s10551-016-3204-9
- B. Dierynck, H.L. Leroy, G. Savage & E. Choi (2017). The role of individual and collective mindfulness in promoting occupational safety in healthcare. Medical Care Research and Review, 74 (1), 79-96. doi: 10.1177/1077558716629040
- K. Cullen, H.L. Leroy, A. Gerbasi & L. Nishii (2016). Energy’s Role in the Extraversion (Dis)advantage: How Energy Ties and Task Conflict Help Clarify the Relationship between Extraversion and Proactive Performance. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 37 (7), 1003-1022. doi: 10.1002/job.2087
- A. van den Broeck, J. Carpini, H.L. Leroy & J. Diefendorff (2016). How much effort will I put into my work? It depends on your type of motivation. In An Introduction to Work and Organizational Psychology: An International Perspective (3rd edition) . -: Wiley
- E. Choi & H.L. Leroy (2015). Research methods on studying mindfulness in organizations. In Mindfulness in the Workplace
- T. Simons, H.L. Leroy, V. Collewaert & S. Masschelein (2015). How leader alignment of words and deeds impacts followers: A meta-analysis. Journal of Business Ethics, 132 (4), 831-844. doi: 10.1007/s10551-014-2332-3
- H.L. Leroy, F. Anseel, W. Gardner & L. Sels (2015). Authentic Leadership, Authentic Followership, Basic Need Satisfaction, and Work Role Performance: A Cross-Level Study. Journal of Management, 41 (6), 1677-1697. doi: 10.1177/0149206312457822
- H.L. Leroy, M. Verbruggen, A. Forrier & L. Sels (2015). Career authenticity: On being true to the self at work. In Searching for Authenticity
- J. Maes, H.L. Leroy & L. Sels (2014). Gender differences in entrepreneurial intentions: A TPB multi-group analysis at factor and indicator level. European Management Journal, 32 (5), 784-794. doi: 10.1016/j.emj.2014.01.001
- H.L. Leroy, S. Manigart, M. Meuleman & V. Collewaert (2014). Understanding continuation of firm activities when entrepreneurs exit their firms. Journal of Small Business Management, 53 (2), 400-415. doi: 10.1111/jsbm.12077
- J. Halbesleben, H.L. Leroy, B. Dierynck, T. Simons, D. McCaughey & G. Savage (2013). Living up to Safety Values in Health Care: The Effect of Leader Behavioral Integrity on Occupational Safety. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology, 18 (4), 395-405. doi: 10.1037/a0034086
- H.L. Leroy, F. Anseel, N. Dimitrova & L. Sels (2013). Mindfulness, Authentic Functioning, and Work Engagement: A Growth Model Approach. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 82 (3), 238-247. doi: 10.1016/j.jvb.2013.01.012
- A. Edmondson & H.L. Leroy (2013). Preface: Leadership as a critical driver of safety in healthcare. In Advances in Healthcare Management
- T. Simons & H.L. Leroy (2013). Special Issue Editorial note: Leadership as a critical driver of safety in healthcare. In Advances in Healthcare Management
- G. Vogelgesang, H.L. Leroy & B. Avolio (2013). The mediating effects of leader integrity with transparency in communication and work engagement/performance. The Leadership Quarterly, 24 (3), 405-413. doi: 10.1016/j.leaqua.2013.01.004
- H.L. Leroy, Y. Palanski & T. Simons (2012). Authentic Leadership and Behavioral Integrity as Drivers of Follower Commitment and Performance. Journal of Business Ethics , 255-264. doi: 10.1007/s10551-011-1036-1
- D. McCaughey, G. McGhan, J. Kim, H.L. Leroy, D. Brannon & R. Jablonski (2012). Workforce Implications of Injury Among Home Health Workers: Evidence From the National Home Health Aide Survey. The Gerontologist, 0 (0), 1-13. doi: 10.1093/geront/gnr133
- T. Simons, K. Basik & H.L. Leroy (2012). Four key steps in developing leader integrity. In Management Education for Integrity
- H.L. Leroy, B. Dierynck, F. Anseel, T. Simons, J. Halbesleben, D. McCaughey, G. Savage & L. Sels (2012). Behavioral Integrity for Safety, Priority of Safety, Psychological Safety, and Patient Safety: A Team-Level Study. Journal of Applied Psychology, 97 (6), 1273-1281. doi: 10.1037/a0030076
- T. Simons, E. Tomlinson & H.L. Leroy (2011). Research on Behavioral Integrity: A Promising Construct for Positive Organizational Scholarship. In Handbook of Positive Organizational Scholarship
Editorial positions (4)
Journal of Applied Psychology
Journal of Management Studies
Group and Organization Management
- Het onoplosbare dilemma voor vrouwelijke leiders: of een bitch, of niet authentiek
Our image of a leader is unconsciously still that of a (white) man. Therefore, male behaviours are confused with leadership. In this interview, Jasmien Khattab (RSM PhD Candidate) discusses her study and how female leaders can...MT.nl Monday, 10 July 2017
- UK: Business Leaders must "Walk the talk" to be truly effective
Who would argue against the view that integrity is a key ingredient in effective leadership? It is crucial for a leader to motivate and inspire its workforce as the members trust the manager and do not suspect a hidden agenda.Corporate INTL Sunday, 1 January 2017
- BUSINESS LEADERS MUST ‘WALK THE TALK’ TO BE TRULY EFFECTIVE
What makes a successful leader? According to Hannes Leroy, consistency is the key to successful leadership, as it gives the employees a better sense of the leaders expectations.Marginalia Friday, 28 October 2016
- Business leaders must ‘Walk the Talk’ to be truly effective
What makes a successful leader? According to Hannes Leroy, consistency is the key to successful leadership, as it gives the employees a better sense of the leaders expectations.University Chronicle Tuesday, 25 October 2016
- Business leaders must ‘walk the talk’ to be truly effective
What makes a successful leader? According to Hannes Leroy, consistency is the key to successful leadership, as it gives the employees a better sense of the leaders expectations.CEO Tuesday, 25 October 2016
- Baas, doe wat je zegt dat je zult doen
- Baas, doe wat je zegt dat je zult doen
- MANAGERS OPGELET: DOE WAT JE ZEGT!
Does morality matter for a leader? Research of Dr Hannes Leroy shows "yes", and benefits range from team performance to financial measures.
According to new research from Dr Hannes Leroy authenticity is not equally beneficial for everybody in every setting.
If the goal is to motivate the better performers, then allowing managers’ space to use their discretion is a good thing.
To give this rapidly changing world the leaders it needs, we urgently need better leadership development. The Erasmus Centre for Leadership aims to do just that.
To be an inspirational middle manager you need behavioral integrity. But how do you do that if you are undermined by higher management?
Behavioural integrity is effective, because it improves your communication. And you can develop it! research by Hannes Leroy.
ERIM Research Clinic Organising for Performance
- Study year: 2018/2019, 2017/2018, 2016/2017
- Code: BERMRC002
- ECTS: 4 Level: Master
Research Methodology and Design
- Study year: 2018/2019
- Code: BMRM2SCM
- ECTS: 3 Level: Master
Does morality in leadership matter? It depends on your definition of right and wrong.
Does morality matter for a leader? Research of Dr Hannes Leroy shows "yes", and benefits range from team performance to financial measures.Read more