Is your company struggling to respond effectively to digital opportunities and threats? And are you eager to embrace disruptive technologies by understanding how to compete in a digital age? If you want to confidently assess the dynamics of the digital landscape, and formulate a sound strategic response, then this course is for you.
This three-day workshop will help you and your company to take advantage of emerging disruptive technologies that are threatening to disrupt your industry, such as the Internet of Things, artificial intelligence and block chain. You will learn how to effectively compete in tomorrow’s digital landscape by anticipating digital trends and competitors’ responses. You will become a better strategic advisor who can influence, drive, and implement effective digital strategies.
Our digital business strategy expert will teach you how to embed a digital agenda in your organisation, for example in online marketing. You will foster a strategic view of digital disruptions that will help you capture the strategic implications of digital trends for your department or organisation.
After this RSM Executive Education programme, you will be able to:
- recognise the impact and strategic implications of disruptive digital technologies on your industry
- identify the challenges by understanding how digital technologies influence business functions
- understand and manage digital ecosystems, electronic markets, and multi-sided platforms
- turn disruption from threat into opportunity by experimenting with digital initiatives
- capture new value for your organisation in anticipation of industry shifts by sharpening your strategic view of digital disruption.
The programme Digital Strategy is also a component of RSM's Diploma Programme in Digital Transformation.
This programme is for managers from any department, discipline, or industry responsible for developing, driving, or implementing digital strategy in their organisation:
- executives in traditional leadership positions who want to improve their skills, knowledge and understanding of strategic responses to digital disruption
- senior managers involved in developing and implementing digital strategy, for example in online marketing initiatives
- middle managers identifying the departmental impact of digital technologies
- entrepreneurs interested in capitalizing on digital technology opportunities.
The Digital Strategy programme is led by professor Ting Li.
Dr Ting Li
Dr Ting Li is a Professor of Digital Business and the Academic Director of the MSc Business Information Management at RSM. Before joining the academic world, Dr Li worked for General Electric and IBM in e‐business in supply chains, web services, and grid computing. She obtained her PhD in Management Science at Erasmus University Rotterdam, and her MSc in Computational Science at the University of Amsterdam. Ting’s research interest focuses on the strategic use of information and its economic impacts on consumer behaviour and firm strategy. Her teaching expertise covers information strategy, digital commerce, social and mobile analytics, and social networks. She teaches in several RSM degree programmes, and is involved in many of RSM’s executive education programmes.
On this page you will find practical information about the Digital Strategy programme.
€ 3,450 (excl. 21% VAT) including course materials and lunches. This fee does not include hotel accommodation.
Cancellation notices must be received by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The following cancellation fees apply:
- More than 14 days before the programme’s start date: 25% of the programme fee will be charged
- Between 14 and 7 days before the programme’s start date: 75% of the programme fee will be charged
- 7 days or fewer before the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged
- Cancellations received on or after the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged.
The participant can be substituted by someone from the same company on the same course without extra costs.
General terms and conditions
The programmes take place at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Bayle Building, Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, Rotterdam.
If you require hotel accommodation in Rotterdam, we recommend Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark, adjacent to the university.