A success story
Is your company struggling to respond effectively to digital opportunities and threats? And are you eager to embrace disruptive technologies by understanding how to compete in a digital age? If you want to confidently assess the dynamics of the digital landscape, and formulate a sound strategic response, then this course is for you.
This three-day workshop will help you and your company to take advantage of emerging disruptive technologies that are threatening to disrupt your industry, such as the Internet of Things, artificial intelligence and block chain. You will learn how to effectively compete in tomorrow’s digital landscape by anticipating digital trends and competitors’ responses. You will become a better strategic advisor who can influence, drive, and implement effective digital strategies.
Our digital business strategy expert will teach you how to embed a digital agenda in your organisation, for example in online marketing. You will foster a strategic view of digital disruptions that will help you capture the strategic implications of digital trends for your department or organisation.
After this RSM Executive Education programme, you will be able to:
- recognise the impact and strategic implications of disruptive digital technologies on your industry
- identify the challenges by understanding how digital technologies influence business functions
- understand and manage digital ecosystems, electronic markets, and multi-sided platforms
- turn disruption from threat into opportunity by experimenting with digital initiatives
- capture new value for your organisation in anticipation of industry shifts by sharpening your strategic view of digital disruption.
The programme Digital Strategy is also a component of RSM's Diploma Programme in Digital Transformation.
This programme is for managers from any department, discipline, or industry responsible for developing, driving, or implementing digital strategy in their organisation:
- executives in traditional leadership positions who want to improve their skills, knowledge and understanding of strategic responses to digital disruption
- senior managers involved in developing and implementing digital strategy, for example in online marketing initiatives
- middle managers identifying the departmental impact of digital technologies
- entrepreneurs interested in capitalizing on digital technology opportunities.
During the Digital Strategy Programme you will learn from Prof. Ting Li. Occasionally we may substitute other faculty members according to the content of the programme and their availability.
Prof. Ting Li
Ting Li is a professor of digital business at RSM, and the academic director of the MSc Business Information Management programme, and of the Erasmus Centre for Data Analytics. Her teaching expertise covers information strategy, digital commerce, social and mobile analytics, and social networks. Before joining the academic world, she worked for General Electric and IBM in e‐business in supply chains, web services, and grid computing. Ting’s research interest focuses on the strategic use of information and its economic impacts on consumer behaviour and company strategy. She has worked with Shell, KPMG, PwC, Accenture, Coolblue, Wehkamp, Zelf, Tweakers, Shop2Market, Dutch Railways, and RET among others.
€ 3,500 (excl. 21% VAT) including course materials and lunches. This fee does not include hotel accommodation.
10% discount for alumni from Erasmus University Rotterdam and RSM. More information about the discount.
General terms and conditions
Our general terms and conditions apply when you register for an open programme. Please review them to learn more about our policies for cancellation, deferral and substitution.
The programme takes place in the Bayle building on the Woudestein Campus of Erasmus University Rotterdam.
We recommend Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark Hotel, adjacent to the university and less than five minutes’ walk from campus. Participants benefit from special rates.