Degree: MSc Management of Innovation
Duration: 12 months
Start: August 2022 (week 34)
- Specifically designed for life-science graduates
- Collaboration between two highly-ranked EUR schools
- Examples of your future job title: R&D manager, product manager, medical entrepreneur
Are you a recent or soon-to-be graduate from a bachelor programme in healthcare or life sciences, such as medicine, micro- or nanobiology, clinical technology, nursing, pharmacology, genetics, biomedicine, or related disciplines? From 2022, you can enroll in this one-year master programme as an important stepping stone towards your career in medical business and innovation.
Don’t panic if you haven’t had any business courses as part of your current bachelor, or even if you have a related Dutch hbo – there’s enough time to work on this in the academic year 2021-2022. Read all your options below.
Here’s what you need – prepare now!
There are several routes to be able to join the MSc in Medical Business and Innovation programme, depending on your academic background.
Applicants with a research university bachelor (WO):
No business background? Complete this minor!
If you have a university bachelor but no previous knowledge in business administration, you can take the new online minor programme in business management (15EC) in academic year 2021-2022 to obtain the necessary foundation knowledge. If you are currently in the second year of your bachelor studies, you should enrol in this minor. This way you will be eligible to apply for the master programme in 2022. To learn more about the minor programme, you can contact Dr Birgul Arslan via firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: Completion of this minor does not guarantee admission to the Medical Business & Innovation programme. Only applicants who meet the minimum admissions requirements, will be admitted.
RSM Premaster – for students with and Applied Sciences degree (HBO)
Applicants who have a degree from a University of Applied Sciences (applicable for Austria, Belgium, Finland, Germany, Netherlands (HBO), Sweden and Switzerland) must first complete a pre-master year before they are eligible for admission to the master. If your bachelor does not contain business administration, you will also need to participate in the online minor programme in business management (see above). NOTE: Completion of this minor does not guarantee admission to the Medical Business & Innovation programme. Only applicants who meet the minimum admissions requirements, will be admitted.
The medical and pharmaceutical worlds are transforming substantially. You can be part of this transformation by leading organisations and teams to address emerging challenges in the medical sector, such as demographic fluxes, the aging population and the EU’s geopolitical evolution.
This sector provides exceptional opportunities for development and innovation – you just need to know how to lead this successfully. Seizing these opportunities requires a new generation of science professionals like you with unique skill sets, to benefit both society and patients.
In this MSc, you will learn:
- the factors that lead to the new, disruptive business models that will reshape the global healthcare system
- strategy and organisation
- how to generate and manage ideas
- how to manage innovation projects and teams
- the role of intellectual property, with specific application to the medical industry.
Are you ready to accelerate technological advances and development towards personalised precision medicine? This one-year programme is an important steppingstone to pursue your career in the growing sector of medical business and innovation. After the master programme, you will be ready for various career options, for example as product manager in a life science or medical technology company, medical entrepreneur, R&D manager in the healthcare industry, technology transfer manager, laboratory manager, or medical industry consultant.
- Shared knowledge: learn from the combined expertise of renowned international academics from RSM and the Erasmus Medical Centre.
- Highly ranked curriculum: this master is founded on the curriculum of RSM’s successful MSc Management of Innovation, but tailored to the innovation needs of companies and start-ups in medical technology, pharmacology, and life sciences.
- Multifaceted and specialised: acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully manage innovation in the life sciences, from initial idea development to its commercialisation.
- International programme: taught in English to prepare you for collaborating in this international sector.
Many elements in the programme will be based on RSM’s MSc Management of Innovation, which ranks first in the world’s top 10 master programmes dedicated to innovation management, according to the prominent online learning platform InnovationManagement.se.
The MSc Medical Business and Innovation programme will have its first intake in September 2022; application deadline for the master will be 15 May 2022.
For more information, please contact Dr Pier G. Mastroberardino, academic director of the MSc Medical Business and Innovation, via email@example.com or Dr Stefano Tasselli, academic director of RSM’s MSc Management of Innovation, via firstname.lastname@example.org.