Entrepreneurial Spirit Scholarship
This scholarship was founded by two IBA-alumni of Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) and funded together with other alumni to support students who might otherwise not fully participate in the Bachelor programme in International Business Administration (IBA) due to financial constraints. It is motivated by the invaluable experience gained by the donors throughout and upon completion of the IBA programme – both academically, and with regards to the expansive international network they derived from it.
- € 2,143 covering the statutory tuition fee in 2020/2021 as well as yearly book fees to a maximum of € 600 per year for the duration of studies (3 years in total, conditional upon annual re-evaluation);
- Mentorship by alumni donors for the duration of their studies at RSM.
Application for the scholarship is open for prospective students of the IBA programme starting their studies in the academic year 2020/2021. The candidate has a nationality belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA), entitled to pay the statutory tuition fee.
In order to be considered for the Entrepreneurial Spirit Scholarship, applicants need to meet all BSc admissions requirements. Information about the entry requirements and application process can be found by visiting www.rsm.nl/bacheloradmissions
- Students with a truly entrepreneurial spirit who would demonstrably benefit from financial support;
- Upon acceptance the student becomes an outstanding ambassador of the Entrepreneurial Spirit Scholarship and the Rotterdam School of Management, which includes supporting marketing initiatives;
- Upon acceptance the student commits to stay involved after graduation as a mentor for the new incoming students accepted into the scholarship programme;
- At the end of the first year of studies, the student accepted into the programme will be re-evaluated, to ensure the student stays on track with his/her academic studies, remains entrepreneurial in spirit and acts as a good ambassador for the scholarship programme and the school. Being accepted to continue with the scholarship for the second year of studies is contingent upon the re-evaluation by the selection committee based upon criteria set together at the start of the academic year.
First step is to register for the Bachelor International Business Administration programme in Studielink. Once you have registered yourself, you will receive a link to our Online Application Form (OLAF).
In OLAF you indicate that you want to apply for a scholarship. RSM will take your scholarship application into consideration as long as you meet the minimum requirements and meet the deadline(s). Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Required documents in OLAF:
1. CV or link to your Linkedin page
2. A concise motivation essay of maximum 900 words that answers the following questions:
- How do you display an entrepreneurial spirit?
- What or who inspired you to take action?
- How do your past and current activities demonstrate your entrepreneurial spirit?
- What are your plans for the future and why?
- Why do you think entrepreneurship is important to both the individual and society?
3. An application letter with relevant information on the financial situation of the applicant supported by documents serving as evidence, such as income statement and salary strips of parents or other financial supporters.
Applicants can apply from 1 October 2019 until 31 January 2020.
The decision will be made on merit and financial need by a selection committee. Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-min telephone interview with members of the selection committee in April 2020 The selection committee will award the scholarship by the end of May 2020.
Should you have any questions, the RSM Scholarship Committee can be contacted through our contact form: www.rsm.nl/contact
Go back to selection