Discover how to master your internal power and political networks in this three-day, highly experiential persuasive leadership workshop. Through theatre-based methods you will learn fundamental knowledge of the structural, tactical and psychological dimensions of persuasion. Using established leadership theories of persuasion, influencing and corporate politics, you will be able to practise and build your influence throughout your organisation.
Conquering corporate politics
Do you find company politics and power structures challenging? Is your company experiencing increasing levels of volatility, complexity, and ambiguity?
Leaders in organisational environments like this need to be more aware of subtle stimuli and changes so that they can exercise influence rather than control. Being able to influence and persuade those around you is important for advancing careers, influencing policy and practice, managing change, and building relationships with existing – and potential – business partners.
In this intensive three-day RSM executive education course, you will learn the structural, tactical and psychological dimensions of persuasion. You will gain valuable experiences and leadership skills using a broad range of unusual but effective approaches and interactions, to act with greater confidence and tactical mastery within your organisation.
After this three-day management programme, you will be able to:
- use persuasive tools effectively
- develop your own persuasive leadership style
- avoid behaviour that is counterproductive
- lead and influence highly experienced people
- deal with corporate politics
- develop your circle of influence and expand it
- determine benefits and costs of various influence techniques
- diagnose the political influence network within and outside of your organisation
- develop and implement strategies to effectively influence stakeholders, including customers, colleagues and board members.
This programme is for senior managers, or those about to enter senior management, who have substantial leadership experience from any department, discipline, or industry. Experience in a multi-stakeholder environment is helpful, although not required. For example:
- department managers or directors seeking more influence at board level
- senior managers needing to develop more impactful messages and to convey them upward and downward in an influential way
- middle managers seeking to move upwards and needing to be influential and powerful through skilful communication
- senior managers, or those who are about to become senior managers, seeking a way through the maze of corporate politics.
Fleur de Lima
Fleur de Lima is an accomplished executive trainer, facilitator and coach, passionate about working on corporate and theatre performances. She is founder and owner of Performance in Business and TAT (The Art of Theatre), an international theatre company. Her work focuses on leadership development and the role of communication in human behaviour; how creative skills and techniques can enhance performance in business. She has a master in organisational psychology from Leiden University, She trained at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) in London, and in the Stanislavski and Strasberg styles of method acting in San Francisco.
Prof. Patrick Flood
Prof Patrick Flood is professor of organisational behaviour at Dublin City University, and co-author of Persuasive Leadership: Lessons from the Arts (Jossey Bass-Wiley). He is an award-winning researcher, consultant and teacher on organisational behaviour, leadership and change management. Patrick received his PhD from London School of Economics (LSE) and has held various appointments at RSM; London Business School; University of Maryland; Cambridge Judge Business School; Capital University of Economics, Beijing; University of Canterbury in New Zealand; and the Australian Graduate School of Management. He is an elected Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences (FAcSS).
On this page you will find practical information about the three-day workshop Persuasive Leadership.
€ 2750 (excl. 21% VAT) including course materials, lunches, and snacks. This fee does not include hotel accommodation.
10% discount for EUR and RSM alumni.
Cancellation notices must be received by email: email@example.com. The following cancellation fees apply:
- More than 14 days before the programme’s start date: 25% of the programme fee will be charged
- Between 14 and 7 days before the programme’s start date: 75% of the programme fee will be charged
- 7 days or fewer before the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged
- Cancellations received on or after the programme’s start date: 100% of the programme fee will be charged.
The participant can be substituted by someone from the same company on the same course without extra costs.
General terms and conditions
Please click here to view RSM Executive Education’s general terms and conditions.
The programme starting in April takes place at Walhalla Theatre, Sumatraweg 9-11 3072 ZP Rotterdam / Katendrecht.
If you require hotel accommodation in Rotterdam, we recommend Hotel New York.