Principles of sustainable finance
The financial sector has the ability to shift its approach, so we can benefit from a healthy planet and a sustainable economy – now and in the future. But how can we build an economy that works for all? How do we transition to sustainable business models without the loss of financial return? And why is it necessary?
Finance has long been seen as an obstacle in tackling the world’s challenges. But in this MOOC, you will learn how finance can be used to better the world. The future is not about money, it is about value creation.
This nine-week course draws on the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. You will explore
During this online course, you will spend two to four hours per week learning about:
- The principles of sustainable finance
- The interplay between the UN Sustainable Development Goals and finance
- The importance of a long-term perspective
- The role of finance in the transition to a sustainable economy
You’ll dive into a new topic each week:
- Week 1: The sustainability challenge
- Week 2: Dealing with the sustainability challenges
- Week 3: The purpose of companies
- Week 4: Sustainable business models
- Week 5: Sustainable asset management
- Week 6: Sustainable banking
- Week 7: Climate risk and insurance
- Week 8: Steering the transition
- Week 9: Take-aways: what can you do?
RSM’s nine-week MOOC Principles of Sustainable Finance is taught in English (English subtitles are also available in the video sections). There is no course fee. Further details about the syllabus and start dates are available through Coursera, a provider of online classes from more than 120 top universities and educational organisations. Learn more about this MOOC and register.